Grammy Awards CBS, Prediction, Nominees, Winners
Would you believe that "the Music's Biggest Night" is five moons away? Well, you should as the race for the prized awards is now beginning to heat up!
Scheduled to take place on 10th February 2019 in the City of Los Angeles, the 61st annual Grammy Awards will see some of music's most prominent stars go toe to toe against each other for a list of honors.
15 times Grammy winner Alicia Keys is set to host the award ceremony for the first time, while a slew of pop stars will take the stage to perform their respective records.
Alicia Keys will host the 2019 Grammy Awards (Photo:- ew.com)
Similar Awards Ceremony:- American Music Awards 2018 | Winners & Nominees List You Can't Miss
Likewise, legendary songstress & pop-icon Diana Ross will commemorate her musical achievements and her 75th birthday by performing a medley of her most famous songs. Internet sensation & K-Pop heavyweight BTS will also make their presence known by presenting an award.
K-Pop sensation BTS will present an award at 2019's Grammys (Photo:- radio.com)
The Grammys this year is set to exclusively air on the network CBS at precisely 8:00 p.m. ET / 5:00 p.m. PT. To watch the awards ceremony online though, one has to find a streaming platform that not only offers CBS but also offers a live feed of the popular network and not just its on-demand content.
On 7th December 2018, musicians Janelle Monae, Shawn Mendes, and Alessia Cara along with Apple music host Zane Lowe and members of the Recording Academy announced the nominations.
Compton rapper Kendrick Lamar leads the list with eight nods for his effort on the Black Panther Soundtrack. Fellow rap star Drake is second with seven nominations. Meanwhile, Lady Gaga, Cardi B, Childish Gambino, H.E.R., and Maren Morris have five each.
Hollywood's Biggest Night:- 76th Golden Globe Awards Golden Globes Update! All Winners Of 2019
Here are our predictions as to which nominee trumps which category:
Album Of The Year
1. H.E.R. — H.E.R.
2. By the Way, I Forgive You — Brandi Carlile
3. Scorpion — Drake
4. Black Panther: The Album, Various Artists
5. Golden Hour — Kacey Musgraves
6. Beerbongs & Bentleys — Post Malone
7. Invasion of Privacy — Cardi B
8. Dirty Computer — Janelle Monáe
2019's Grammy Awards nominees for Album Of The Year (Photo: Liverampup.com)
Prediction:- Cardi B might pull up an upset by bagging the category. Her debut major-label offering became an instant hit upon its release.
Song Of The Year
1. “All the Stars” — Kendrick Lamar, SZA, Al Shuckburgh, Mark Spears, and Anthony Tiffith
2. “Boo’d Up” — Larrance Dopson, Joelle James, Ella Mai, and Dijon McFarlane
3. “God’s Plan” — Aubrey Graham, Daveon Jackson, Brock Korsan, Ron LaTour, Matthew Samuels, and Noah Shebib
4. “In My Blood” — Shawn Mendes, Teddy Geiger, Scott Harris, and Geoffrey Warburton
5. “The Joke” — Brandi Carlile, Dave Cobb, Phil Hanseroth, and Tim Hanseroth
6. “The Middle” — Sarah Aarons, Jordan K. Johnson, Stefan Johnson, Marcus Lomax, Kyle Trewartha, Michael Trewartha, and Zedd
7. “Shallow” — Lady Gaga, Mark Ronson, Anthony Rossomando, and Andrew Wyatt
8. “This Is America” — Donald Glover, Ludwig Goransson, and Jeffery Lamar Williams
Prediction:- A tie between This Is America and God's Plan. Both songs dominated the radio like no other record in the year 2018. Music video for both singles spawned countless debates online.
Record Of The Year
1. “This Is America” — Childish Gambino
2. “God’s Plan” — Drake
3. “I Like It” — Cardi B
4. “The Middle” — Zedd, Maren Morris, and Grey
5.“Shallow” — Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper
6. “All the Stars” — SZA and Kendrick Lamar
7. “Rockstar” — Post Malone feat. 21 Savage
8. “The Joke” — Brandi Carlile
Prediction:- Currently detained rapper 21 Savage may win his very first Grammy. His feature on Post Malone's hit single Rockstar from the chart-topping album, Beerbongs & Bentleys resonated with so many.
Pop Vocal Album
1. Camila — Camila Cabello
2. Sweetener — Ariana Grande
3. Reputation — Taylor Swift
4. Shawn Mendes — Shawn Mendes
5. Beautiful — Trauma Pink
6. Meaning of Life — Kelly Clarkson
2019's Grammy Awards nominees for Pop Vocal Album (Photo: Liverampup.com)
Prediction:- If Ariana Grande's Sweetener doesn't win the category, it will surely stir conversations.
1. Golden Hour — Kacey Musgraves
2. Unapologetically — Kelsea Ballerini
3. Port Saint Joe — Brothers Osborne
4. Girl Going Nowhere — Ashley McBryde
5. From a Room: Volume 2 — Chris Stapleton
Prediction:- With Golden Hour, Country musician Kacey Musgraves garnered rave reviews from the critics. Will the Recording Academy think the same? Most likely.
Best Alternative Album
1. Tranquility Base Hotel + Casino — Arctic Monkeys
2. Colors — Beck
3. Utopia — Björk
4. American Utopia — David Byrne
5. Masseduction — St. Vincent
Prediction:- A toss up between conceptually massive Tranquility Base Hotel + Casino and Glitch-Pop influenced Masseduction.
Congratulations to all the possible winners in advance!