How To Think Positive Via Books, Quotes, Meditation, App Instantly
In the world where everything comes and goes fast, it takes no time for negative thoughts to take over someone's mind, so positivity has today turned into a luxury not everyone is anointed with.
With the increasing difficulty in balancing professional and personal life, people are likely to befriend negativity in the early teenage due to the increased expectation of achieving much in their short life-spans.
In this age, negative thoughts have become the leading problem in the society, causing self-doubt, lack of empathy and loss of connection among the victims.
But it turns out there are plenty of ways to embrace positivity, and if you too remain on the hunt for some ways to eliminate the negativity prevailing in your mind, then worry not, as some of the ways the professionals suggest to eliminate negativity and embrace positivity are given below:
Read Plenty Of Books
Reading books can have a long-lasting and profound effect on the brain, as it does not only increase your knowledge but also help in developing positive thoughts. People have been reading books for thousands of years and even sought their practical problems from those books.
At the time, there are several books available on the market that can help an individual achieve positive thinking. Some of these books include:
- The Power of Positive Thinking [Author: Norman Vincent Peale, Published: 1952]
The book emphasis on real-life scenarios and case histories to give a positive perspective on positive thinking. It promotes positive conscious thoughts through visualization techniques to gain an optimistic point of view towards life.
Further, the book provides valuable insights in facing defeat with a positive attitude and taking a loss as a tool for learning life lessons.
- The Secret [Author: Rhonda Byrne, Published: 2006]
This best-seller talks about the effects of positive thoughts on the world surrounding them. The author focuses on the law of attraction claiming positive thoughts can drastically change the world.
The book based on the Bible's quote, "And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive", suggests a positive attitude leads to positive circumstances, whereas, negative thoughts can only give bring negative impacts.
- Think and Grow Rich [Author: Napoleon Hill, Published: 1937]
The author inspired by a suggestion business magnate, Andrew Carnegie, wrote the book in 1937. This book focusses on the impact of positive thought in the professional life of a person.
It implies that a healthy attitude can lead to a successful career and higher earning of an individual. Further, the book also mentions that getting rid of negative thoughts can help focus on long-term goals.
- The Last Lecture [Author: Randy Pausch, Published: 2008]
This New York Times best-seller is based on the real-life last lecture of the author before his death. The lecture titled "Really Achieving Your Childhood Dreams" was given by Randy on September 2007 at Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh.
The book primarily emphasizes the last wisdom a man could share if it was his last chance. In the lecture, Randy talked about his own childhood dreams encouraging students to never suppress their true passion.
There are several other books which provide a positive impact on life. Some of them are The Power of Your Subconscious Mind (Mass Market Paperback), Hero, Stand Tall, Molly Lou Melon, and more.
These books guide the humans towards a righteous path and give directions on healthy living. Further, they can also inspire and motivate an individual in the time of turmoil and help them remain strong despite the problems in their life.
Remain Updated With Life-Changing Quotes
Quotes are a way to achieve immediate attention of the listeners with their catchy lines and meaningful messages.
Famous life-related quotes from the world's renowned philosophers and thinkers have inspired people for a long time. They motivate an individual during their stressful times and encourage them to find a practical solution to their problems with maintaining a positive attitude.
Further, the one-liners help many to take up challenges and come out victorious, despite the initial self-doubt.
Some Prominent Quotes for developing positive thoughts in life are:
"All things are difficult before they are easy"- Thomas Fuller
"Don't be pushed around by the fears in your mind. Be led by the dreams in your heart.”- Author Roy T. Bennett in his book The Light in the Heart
"If opportunity doesn’t knock, build a door.”- Philosopher Milton Berle
"Be soft. Do not let the world make you hard. Do not let pain make you hate. Do not let the bitterness steal your sweetness. Take pride that even though the rest of the world may disagree, you still believe it to be a beautiful place.”- Kurt Vonnegut
"Success is falling nine times and getting up ten.” – Jon Bon Jovi
There is an uncountable number of quotes which can have a profound effect on people's daily life. Following these life lessons can bring a drastic change in one's living and lead him towards a more positive future.
Meditate On Regular Basis
Meditation is one of the most proven and successful ways of developing positive thoughts in mind. Further, it helps in stabilizing the mind and achieving a healthy attitude towards life.
Meditation has long supported the ancient yogis in settling the curiosities regarding the existence of the world and pushed them towards a more stable state of Nirvana.
As one of the wisest saints had previously said,
Meditation is the process where you focus at nothing and gain the answer to everything.
Further, meditating has benefitted numerous people with their depression, anxiety, suicidal tendencies and helped them to develop a more beautiful outlook on life.
Follow Basic Life Tips
Following general life tips can have a profound effect not only on the physical health but also for achieving a sound mind.
Some of the tips include:
- Determination of the thin line between fantasy and reality.
- Following the daily routine of early to bed and early to rise.
- Exercising regularly.
- Expressing gratitude to elderly and speaking in a polite language.
- Maintaining a clean surrounding.
- Admiration of people's contributions.
These life tips can help a person lead a healthy life and clean the toxins of negative thoughts from the brain. Further, they also help maintain a positive relationship with other people eventually leading to the cleansing of the soul. [organize in a bullet form]
Recognize The Positive Side Of Internet and Technology
The development in technology has not only helped in making life comfortable but also can divert the mind towards a more positive path. There are numerous apps on the market which can set the mentality of a person to more righteous living. Some of the apps that can help a person achieve postive thoughts are:
- Happify: This iOS application can enable you to think emphatically encouraging users to set objectives in various "tracks" of life. The application has a few unique tracks, every one of which has its own little tests, amusements and exercises. These exercises are frequently requesting users to list things they appreciate and supports them in keeping a distance from negative thoughts.
- Calm: Calm is a 2016 app that teaches meditation techniques for free. Calm promoted healthy living while adding meditation as a vital part of everyday life. It suggests that spending even as little as five minutes daily can help bring a drastic change in life.
- Mindful Moon App: This app gives lessons on keeping a peaceful mind during stressful times. It further teaches users to escape the harsh reality of life and maintain a calm state. The app has changed the life of many people including the creator Eric Brown's life. It further promotes users to encourage positivity and living in harmony.
- Pozify: One of the most effective apps in the marker, Pozify rewards users for being a positive person. The developers of this app believed that the positive news should be emphasized as much as greater news. Further, Pozify provides gifts to users for creating valuable content on the internet. Moreover, users also have the choice to donate their gifts to charity.
Similarly, looking at funny memes can also instantly change the mood of a person and give them some care-free moments. Watching cat videos, looking at funny fails compilations, enjoying cute baby pictures can relieve the brain of stress and provide a quieter perspective.