Chris Evert Married Status, Husband, Children, Net Worth & Facts
Veteran tennis player Chris Evert is a former world number one athlete who won the Grand Slam title every year from 1974 to 1986. Throughout her career, she has won eighteen Grand Slam singles titles, including six U.S. Opens and seven French Opens.
Apart from her achievements in tennis, she has also appeared in movies and TV series like Trainwreck (2015), Wimbledon (2004), and CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (2000).
Is Chris Evert Married? Insight Into Her Past
Chris Evert is not married as of now.
However, she has been married in the past. She was married to tennis analyst and commentator John Lloyd from 1979 to 1987.
After John, Chris got married to American ski champion Andy Mill on 30th July 1988. But after eighteen years as a married couple, their relation eventually hit rock bottom, and they got divorced in December 2006.
Even after the divorce, Chris shares a strong friendship with Andy, and the two are often seen together on various occasions.
Chris Evert with her ex-husband (now friend) Andy Mill in January 2020 (Photo: Chris Evert's Instagram)
After Andy, Chris married professional golfer Greg Norman on 28th June 2008.
More About Greg Norman:- Greg Norman Third Married Life Is Extragavent! A Man With Wife and Family Showing Off Good Shape
But the marriage lasted only for eighteen months, and the two got divorced in December 2009.
Ex-Fiance/ Alleged Abortion
When Chris was just getting started with her career in 1972, she started dating fellow tennis player Jimmy Connors.
Their relationship soon started making headlines, especially after both of them won singles titles at Wimbledon in 1974. The same year 19 years old, Chris got engaged to Jimmy. Their wedding was set for November but was suddenly called off.
Nothing was disclosed at the time, but in 2013, Jimmy Conners published his biography titled The Outsider in which he hinted that Evert got pregnant in their relationship and had an abortion without consulting him. He also implied that was the reason behind their failed relationship.
Chris is a mother to three kids, with her second ex-husband Andy Mill.
Her eldest son Alexander James was born on 12th October 1991, second son Nicholas Joseph was born on 8th June 1994, and her youngest son Colton Jack was born on 14th June 1996.
Former Tennis Star:- Monica Seles Now, Husband, Children, Net Worth
Chris and Andy co-parented their three sons even after their divorce.
According to Celebrity Net Worth, the former world number one tennis player has a net worth of $16 million.
Some Other Facts
- Chris was born Christine Marie Evert on 21st December 1954 in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, USA.
- She stands at the height of 5 feet 6. 25 inches (1.68 meters).
- Her father, who was also a tennis pro, started training her at age five.
- She made her Grand Slam debut at age 16 in 1971.
- When she graduated from St. Thomas Aquinas High School in 1973, she was voted "Most Likely to Succeed."
- She served for nine years as the President of the Women's Tennis Association.
- In 1980 she was named the Sexiest Female Athlete by PEOPLE magazine.
- She got inducted into the Tennis Hall of Fame unanimously in 1995.
- In 2019, her sister went through hip replacement surgery.