Lauren Ridloff Bio: Husband, Ethnicity, Family Info Of The Eternals' Cast
Lauren Ridloff is one of the most inspiring actresses in the world. She has been able to make a name for herself in Hollywood through her acting talents, despite her hearing disability.
Lauren, who is probably best known for her role in the hit TV show The Walking Dead, has worked in many similar, high-value cinematic productions over the years. She worked in Legacies (2018), Wonderstruck (2017), and Sound of Metal (2019).
As of December 2019, Lauren is filming her new TV series The Eternals - which, upon release in 2020, will make her Marvel’s first deaf superhero.
Is Lauren Married? Information About Husband And Children
Lauren is a married woman. She is leading a happy family with her husband, Douglas Ridloff, who is also deaf.
Douglas first met Lauren when he was visiting her college at California State University. Soon, they met again in New York for their first date during a friends’ get together. Ever since their first date, Lauren and Douglas have been together for 17 years as of December 2019.
Read About Another Actress:- Who Is Charlotte McKinney Dating Now? Boyfriend, Husband, Net Worth
According to one of her Instagram posts on 14 February 2019 - in which Lauren talked about her wedding with Douglas - it can be estimated that the couple got married sometime around February 2006.
From the marriage, Lauren also has two children: Levi and Wyatt. Both of her kids are deaf, just like their parents.
Lauren Ridloff with husband Douglas Ridloff and children Levi and Wyatt (Photo: Glamour Fame)
Levi (born in 2012) is the elder son among the two, while Wyatt (born in 2014) is the younger one.
Who Is Lauren's Husband Douglas Ridloff?
Douglas Ridloff is a creative artist and entrepreneur. He is a poet and visual storyteller - who creates original works in Sign Language. He is also the owner of ASL SLAM and acts as the executive director-host of the open mic show that his company organizes.
Recommended For You:- Strictly Come Dancing's Emma Barton Bio: Partner, Married, Boyfriend
Douglas is a well-known personality in the Deaf community, and his works are famous all over the world. The artist had also given a TED talk in TEDx Vienna in 2018.
Interesting Facts About Lauren: Bio, Age, Ethnicity
- Lauren Ridloff was born as Lauren Teruel on 6th April 1978 in Illinois, Chicago, US.
- She graduated high school from the deaf program at Children of Peace Catholic School in Chicago and later studied at the California State University. She graduated from college in May 2000 with a major in English specializing in creative writing.
- She served as Miss Deaf America for two years, from 2000 to 2002.
- Lauren stands at a modest height of 5 feet 2 inches (1.57 meters).
- The actress has mixed ethnicity. Her father is Mexican, and her mother is African-American.
- Her mother is an artist - who teaches art - and her father is a musician. Talent ran in her family as her sister, too, is a dancer and choreographer.
- Lauren rose to prominence after her role in the broadway play Children of a Lesser God, for which she got the nomination for a Tony Award. Then, she landed the role of Connie in The Walking Dead (2018-20), which made her a mainstream actress.