Congratulations! Aspiring Actor Mahershala Ali Becomes the First Muslim Actor to Triumph in the Oscar Awards
- Wedding Date 27 June 2013
- Eye Color Dark Brown
- Hair Color Black
- Hair Short
- Weight 85 kg (187 lbs)
- Height/ How Tall? 6' 2" (1.88 m)
- College New York University
- High School Mt Eden High School
- Career 2001–present
- Nominees Golden Globe Award, SAG Award, BAFTA (2016)
- Awards Academy Award, Golden Globe Award, BAFTA (2019)
- Net Worth $8 Million (Estimated)
- Dating/Affair No
- Gay No
- Date of Birth Feb 16, 1974
- Age 47 Years, 8 Months
- Divorce/Split Not Yet
- Wife/Spouse Amatus Sami-Karim (m. 2013)
- Relationship Status Married
- Daughter/s Bari Najma Ali
- Mother Willicia Gilmore
- Father Phillip F. Gilmore
- Ethnicity/Race African-American
- Religion Islam
- Zodiac Sign Aquarius
- Birth Name Mahershalalhashbaz Ali Gilmore
- Profession Actor
- Birth Place Oakland, California
- Nationality American
Amidst many criticisms for exploiting the fear of Muslims, an aspiring actor Mahershala Ali has made the history. He has received the Oscar Awards, becoming the first Muslim actor ever to attain this prestigious award.
Mahershala Ali won the award for the best supporting actor at the 89th Academy Awards ceremony this Sunday night for his character of a mentor of a gay black boy in Miami in the movie “Moonlight.” He not only won the Oscar but also received a standing ovation which was a moment of pride to many Muslims from all around the world.
Congratulations to Ali who not only has grabbed the award but also has won million of hearts and praises from the Muslim American community and other people around the globe.
Despite President Donald Trump's order of banning immigrants from seven Muslim-majority countries being commenced, Ali didn’t talk about his religion in his acceptance speech. On his short, humble and sweet acceptance speech, he thanked his wife and fellow actor, Jenkins. He expressed-
"My grandma would want me to button up. I want to thank my teachers, my professors. I had so many wonderful teachers. One thing that they consistently told me...It’s not about you. It's about these characters. It's was about Juan."
Mahershala Ali has a double celebration coming up, as he recently embraced fatherhood with his wife, Amatus Sami-Karim (married. 2003) who gave birth to his beautiful daughter Bari Najima Ali, who was born just a few days before the Award Ceremony.
As for the former rapper Ali's near future plans, he will be appearing in Calvin Klein underwear ads. Congratulations on this immense success Mahershala Ali!