Actress Jameela Jamil Sexuality Revelation To Dating Status Now
- Relationship Status Dating
- Lesbian No
- Eye Color Dark Brown
- Hair Color Dark Brown
- Hair Long
- Weight 69 kg (152 lbs)
- Height/ How Tall? 5 ft 10½ in (179 cm)
- College Queen’s College
- Career 2009-present
- Net Worth Not Disclosed
- Dating/Affair James Blake
- Partner James Blake
- Divorce/Split Not Yet
- Date of Birth Feb 25, 1986
- Age 36 Years, 3 Months
- Children/Kids Not Yet
- Brother/s Adnandus Dyzantae
- Mother Shireen Jamil
- Ethnicity/Race Asian
- Religion N/A
- Zodiac Sign Pisces
- Nick Name Jameela
- Birth Name Jameela Alia Burton-Jamil
- Profession Actress
- Birth Place Hampstead, London, United Kingdom
- Nationality British
Jameela Jamil is a TV actress, most known for her portrayal of Tahani Al-Jamil in the long-running NBC sitcom, The Good Place. She has been working in the ongoing series from 2016 and has appeared in 50 episodes to date.
Including the show, The Good Place, the actress has seven credits in the acting department.
However, apart from cinematic acting, she is also a reality TV personality. Jameela has hosted several shows, such as The Misery Index (10 episodes - 2019), Koko Pop (6 episodes - 2010), and Freshly Squeezed (2 episodes - 2009 & 2011).
Jameela’s Dating Life: Boyfriend
Jameela is dating singer James Blake. They first started going out in May 2015.
Jameela Jamil with boyfriend James Blake in November 2019 (Photo: Jameela Jamil’s Instagram)
In January 2019, James took to his Twitter to reveal that Jameela was the inspiration for his fourth studio album. In that same year, she appeared alongside him in various award ceremonies such as the Grammys in February, and MTV Movie & TV Awards in June.
Jameela came out as queer on the 6th of February 2020. She took to her Twitter to post a three-page long statement clarifying why she came out now and why she didn’t do it earlier.
This revelation came after she was criticized for being named as one of the lead judges on the show Legendary in HBO Max.
Legendary is a competition show related to “vogue”, a highly stylized form of dance that was created by the lack and Latino LGBTQ+ community, according to the National Museum of African American History & Culture.
Another LGBTQ+ Personality:- Lachlan Watson Dating, Gender, Parents
In the show, participants will be placed on voguing teams and made to do fashion and dance challenges for financial rewards.
Jameela faced backlash because some members of the LGBTQ+ community thought that her role in the show must have been gone to a member of their community.
Jameela Jamil: Parents & Family
Jameela was born in North London to Pakistani mother, Shireen, and Indian father, Ali. Her parents separated when she was young, and she grew up alongside her brother.
Another Pakistani Personality:- Who Is Kumail Nanjiani Wife & How Much Is The Eternas' Actor Net Worth?
According to her, her parents are ‘incredibly fat-phobic.’ They also didn’t help her when she was having problems with Anorexia during her childhood. She also no longer speaks to her parents because of their fat-phobia.
Interesting Facts About Jameela Jamil: Age, Height
- Jameela was born on the 25th of February 1986 in Hamstead, London, England, the United Kingdom.
- She stands at the height of 5 feet 10-and-a-half inches (1.79 meters).
- She broke her back in a car accident when she was 17. The accident left her paralyzed for a year and a half.
- She has Coeliac disease and asthma. Jameela was also born with congenital hearing loss and labyrinthitis and had to undergo many surgeries to get back her hearing ability partially.
- The actress has worked as a journalist for Cosmopolitan Magazine and the Huffington Post.
- Jameela runs a clothing line.